Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo

logo


Photo of Cookman Methodist Church

“Cookman M. E. Church was organized in 1888 and named for the Rev. Alfred Cookman. On July 4, 1888, the first floor of 1307 Scott St. was rented, the second floor being occupied by a fife and drum corps. The Rev. W. W. Taylor proceeded to prepare the room for services. The first meeting was held on the afternoon of July 29, 1888. Preaching was held immediately after the Sunday School meetings…


View More Historic Houses of Worship




+