“Grace Orthodox Presbyterian Church at Middletown. On Jan. 30, 1938, a group from Forest Church held a meeting in the Everett Theatre. Grace Church was duly organized on Feb. 2, 1938, and it was incorporated on June 9, 1938. Ground was broken for the present church on Easter Sunday, Apr. 17, 1938. The pastor laid the corner-stone on July 24, 1938. On the corner-stone is inscribed ‘By Grace Are Ye Saved.” The church was completed and was dedicated on Oct. 6, 1938. This was followed by a full week of services.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 181.