“Roxana Pilgrim Holiness Church was organized after two series of tent meetings in a nearby grove. The church was built, in 1928, on a plot of land donated, on Nov. 24, 1928, by J. Frank Lynch, for that purpose only. In 1941, when the road in front of the church was widened, the State allowed them damages and moved the church across the road to a new site purchased on May 26, 1941, from Chas. E. Richards. A new wing, containing a Sunday School room and a new tower were added to the church. The Lynch land was returned to him on Aug. 5, 1941. The church was incorporated on June 30, 1942. A new parsonage was built in 1942.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 308.
Related Topics: church, frank r zebley, Roxana Pilgrim Holiness Church, Zebley