Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo

page logo

church image

“The First Methodist Church at Glasgow was built, of brick, in 1832 and dedicated in 1833, by the Rev. Matthew Sorin. A new church, of sandstone, was built in 1857. It was dedicated by the Rev. Mr. Hickman. The present frame church was dedicated on Oct. 5, 1884, by the Rev. Andrew Manship assisted by the Rev. W. L. S. Murray.” (1)


See more photos
Learn more about this town

Text Source:

1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 158

Learn more about the churches of Delaware

Related Topics:  , , , ,



+