Hughes’ Holiness Chapel, located four and one-half miles beyond Hollandsville, was built in 1940. It is a frame building in a lovely grove and was originally built so that the sides could be thrown open in the summertime converting it into a tabernacle. The building will seat two hundred persons and all of the labor was performed by the members of the congregation. Charles Hughes, for whom the chapel is named, contributed the land and most of the timber. A tabernacle was built beside the chapel in 1945.
The Rev. Carvel Tribbett was the founder and his meetings, twice a week, are attended by large crowds, some persons coming many: miles to attend. Three-quarters of a mile west of the chapel an original Mason and Dixon stone can be seen, close to the road.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 87, 88.