page logo

Photo of Church

“Pepper’s M. E. Church, located two and one-quarter miles west of Georgetown, was organized and incorporated on Mar. 17, 1894. The church was then built and on Oct. 13, 1894, the property was transferred to a new board of trustees. During a heavy storm on Feb. 21, 1912, it was blown down. A new chapel, on a site closeby, was completed and was dedicated on Feb. 16, 1913, by the Rev. James L. Derrickson, who did most of the carpenter work himself. The one-acre site was donated by the Georgetown Land Co., on Mar. 22, 1913. It was closed in 1929, the building was sold and is in use on a nearby farm.” (1)

See more photos

Resources Related to Georgetown:

Learn more about this town

Text Source:

1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 317.

zebley pdf