Digital Archive Collections
- 100 Stories – Explore the history of the First State through photographs, maps, construction drawings, currency notes, original legislation, and more. Celebrate the first hundred years of service by the Delaware Public Archives, 1905-2005!
- Audio Selections – Listen to historic audio clips of interviews and radio broadcasts concerning service in WWII, desegregation, recycling, and baseball.
- Civil War – Explore the history of Delawareans during the American Civil War through photographs, diaries, letters, service records, legislation, newspapers, and more.
- Document Collection – View some of Delaware’s most prized documents, including Seventeenth Century papers, Civil War records, Delaware State Constitutions, and the 1868 Beers’ Atlas.
- eBooks and PDF Documents – Titles from our Heritage collection in PDF format.
- Governors of Delaware: Executive Orders – The complete collection of executive orders issued by Governors of Delaware. From the first executive order signed by Governor McCullen in 1939 to the most recent by Governor Carney, this collection is more than a repository of documents.
- Maps – Historical maps of Delaware and the Mid-Atlantic region, ranging from 1688 to the 20th Century.
- Photograph Collections – Complete collections from our vast archives that include Delaware in World War II, The Jackson and Sharp Collection, Board of Agriculture, Board of Education, and The George and Irene Caley Postcard Collection to name a few. Our complete online collections showcase some of the finest imagery depicting the history of the Diamond State.
- Photograph Exhibits – Browse through our photograph exhibits to visit Delaware’s cities and towns and view Delaware’s past.
- Photo Order Instruction – Order photographs from our collection.
- Town and City Histories – Comprehensive histories of the governance and management of Delaware’s Towns and Cities, continually updated.
Related Topics: collections