“Richardson Park Methodist Church (M.E.) was formally organized and incorporated on Oct. 24, 1907. A church site was purchased on Dec. 9, 1908 from A. K. Taylor. A church was built of concrete blocks. The corner-stone was laid on Sat., Aug. 16, 1908, by the Rev. C. T. Sharpless. Improvements were made in 1911. The church was dedicated on Mar. 29, 1914, at 10:45 a.m., with Dist. Supt. E. L. Hoffecker, in charge. The Rev. George E. Reed, D.D., preached the sermon. Assisting in the services were the Revs. Blair S. Latshaw, C. D. Sharpless and R. P. Nichols. Additional land was purchased on Sept. 20, 1916 and on Nov. 20, 1917. The church was improved in 1918.
The present site, on Maryland Ave., was purchased on Oct. 29, 1925. The corner-stone of the present stone church was laid on Oct. 17, 1926, by Bishop Wm. F. McDowell, assisted by Dist. Supt. J. W. Colona and the Revs. J. Albert Leach, J. L. Johnson and Louis B. Morgan, the pastor. The opening service in the new church was held on Oct. 3, 1926.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 135.