“The Chapel of St. Theresa, the Little Flower, R. C. On Feb. 11, 1927, St. Patrick’s Church purchased former public school No. 26 at 14th and Thatcher Sts. An addition was built to form a vestibule for the chapel. The first Mass was celebrated by the Rev. James L. McSweeney. A parochial school is conducted which includes the 4th grade.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 87, 88.