page logo

Photo of Church

“The Chapel at the State Hospital, Farnhurst. This chapel was dedicated on Sept. 28, 1939, during the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the Hospital. The dedication services were conducted by the Hospital Chaplains, the Rev. Joseph H. Earp, Rabbi Henry Tavel and the Rev. Roderick “Dwyer. The dedicatory sermon was preached by the Rt. Rev. Arthur R. McKinstry, D.D., Episcopal Bishop of Delaware. The principal address was delivered by Dr. Edward A. Strecker. A feature of the ceremonies was the playing of the light-color-organ by its inventor, Mrs. Mary H. Greenawalt. Large delegations of prominent citizens from all parts of the State, were present.” (1)

See more photos

Resources Related to New Castle:

Learn more about this town

Text Source:

1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 160.

Learn more about the churches of Delaware