Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org More Info
“The Star of Bethlehem Church, A.U.M.P., at Newport. This church was originally called the African Union First Colored M. P. Church. They purchased the old Protestant Methodist Church from Bishop Alfred Lee, et al., on Feb. 13, 1871. They used this church until 1892 when the present church was built. There is a graveyard to the rear of the church.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 138.