“John Wesley A. M. E. Church and graveyard are located on the road to Thompsonville. The site was donated on Sept. 25, 1847, by Thos. Mason with the provision that a church would be erected. Additional land was purchased on Nov. 6, 1897, from Paris T. Carlisle. A social-hall was built in 1944.” (1)
Resources Related to Dover, DE:
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 234.