Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org More Info
“In 1638 a colony from Sweden landed at the Rocks nearby. There they built Fort Christina, worshiped therein until 1667 and then built a log church at Crane Hook on South side of Christiana River. In 1698, inspired by their pastor, Eric Bjork, they erected Holy Trinity Church. The tower was added in 1802. The Church of Sweden withdrew in 1791 and was thenceforth succeeded by the Protestant Episcopal Church.” (1)
1. Delaware Historic Markers Program, Holy Trinity Swedish Lutheran Church, NC-A1..
More information about the history of the Churches of Delaware can be found in Frank R. Zebley’s book, The Churches of Delaware.