“Lebanon Methodist Church (M.E.) at Lebanon, was built in 1858. The church site had been purchased from John Sapp on Oct. 19, 1857. The church was incorporated on Apr. 2, 1874. On Mar. 12, 1922, the church was destroyed by a fire that originated next door in the home of Captain Walker. A new church was built and it was dedicated in 1925. The church was closed in 1939. Since that time occasional services have been held by students of the Wesley Junior College.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 228.