“The Pilgrim Holiness Church at Milford was organized at tent meetings held in South Milford. The organization was effected on Jan. 11, 1922. In the meantime, they held their meetings in the old schoolhouse, the Red Men’s Hall and the New Century Club. The present church site was purchased on Jan. 7, 1927 from Hettie Prettyman. The church was completed and was dedicated on May 8, 1927. At midnight on May 10, 1942, fire broke out and the church was seriously damaged. Repairs were made immediately and the reopening was celebrated with all-day services on June 28, 1942. The parsonage was secured on Aug. 8, 1942.” (1)
1. Frank R. Zebley, The Churches of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1947, p. 261-262.