page header image

photo of marker


Established on Broad Creek in 1770 as a “Chapel of Ease” of Stepney Parish, Maryland on land purchased by a levy of 80,000 pounds of tobacco. Building completed by Robert Holston in 1772 at a cost of £510.

Installed in 1938.


Public Archives Commission, 1938

Click here to view the photo gallery on Flickr

Resources Related to Laurel:

Click to view resources about the town

Find a Grave:

find a grave


12226 Chipmans Pond Road, Laurel, DE 19956

Links to more resources: