page logo

photo of marker


This stone monument, erected April 26, 1751, marks the eastern end of the Transpeninsular Line surveyed 1750-1751 by John Watson and William Parsons of Pennsylvania and John Emory and Thomas Jones of Maryland. This line established the east-west boundary between Pennsylvania’s “Three Lower Counties” (now Delaware) and the Colony of Maryland. It established also the middle point of the peninsula, 35 miles to the west. The stone bears the coat of arms of the Calverts on the south side and the Penns on the north. It was accepted 1760 and finally ratified 1769 by King George III.

Installed in 1986.

Click here to view the photo gallery on Flickr

Resources Related to Fenwick Island:

town photo


39046 Gray’s Lane, Fenwick Island, DE 19944

Links to more resources: