What Is An Accession?
According to The American Archivist, July 1974, an Accession is “(1) The act and procedure involved in a transfer of legal title and the taking of records or papers into the physical custody of an archival agency, records center, or manuscript repository. In records center operations, transfer of legal title may not be involved. (2) The material involved in such a transfer of custody.” The Delaware Public Archives receives new accessions regularly. The following list highlights some of the more interesting items that have arrived recently. To view a sample of the accessioned item(s), select the link where available:
- City of Milford Planning Commission Minutes, 1983-2014, 7.56 cf. | RG 6140-000-012
- Town of Henlopen Acres, Minutes, July 1970-December 2009, 2.52 cf. | RG 7120-000-001
- “A Feasibility Study for Wesley College, Dover, Delaware, On Adaptive Uses of The Richardson and Robbins
Cannery,” by Cooperson Breck Associates, ca. 1979. | RG 9270-000-004
- “Rules of the House of Representatives,” 1875. | RG 1325-003-147
- Photograph of Wilmington parade with Bird Transfer Company trucks, ca. 1919. | RG 1325-003-036
- Photograph of passengers boarding Eastern Airlines plane at Greater Wilmington Airport, ca. the 1950s. | RG 1325-003-036
- Deakyne Family Papers, 1745-1917, 0.4 cf.| RG 9200-D26
- Records relating to Donald Blakey, the first African American legislator from Kent County, ca. 1966-2007 |
- Joint Sunset Committee Meeting Minutes, Files, and Final Reports, 1972-2011, 42.84 cf. | RG 1107-002-010
- Sussex County Probate Records, 1986-1990, 56.70 cf. | RG 4545-000-009
- Photograph of Saxton’s School, ca. 1915-1916. | RG 1325-003-036
May – December 2017
- City of New Castle City Council Minutes, 1797-2012, 6.78 cf. | RG 5080-000-012
- City of Lewes Minute Books, 1871-1884, 1895-1951, 7 volumes, 0.66 cf. | RG 7140-000-002
- Caesar Rodney School District School Board Minutes, 1919-2013, 12.6 cf. | RG 8065-000-004
- Caesar Rodney High School Yearbooks, 1920, 1938-2015 (some years missing), 5.04 cf. | RG 8065-000-002
- Forestry Department Photographs, 1889-2000, 2.31 cf. | RG 1380-005-035
- Eighty-seven negatives and prints of Wilmington trolleys, locomotives, train stations, a bus, Hagley Powder Mill workers, and milk wagons, ca. 1901-1971 | RG 9015-042-001
- S. H. Derby Company Documents, 1897-1972, 0.1 cf. | RG 9200-W17
- S. H. Derby Company Daybooks, 1886-1893, 1952-1963, 0.23 cf.
- S. H. Derby Company Ledger, 1882-1933, 0.09 cf.
- S. H. Derby Company Order Book, 1898-1914, 0.05 cf.
- S. H. Derby Company Packing House Blotter Book, 1929-1949, 0.06 cf.
- Derby – Walker Family Photographs, ca. 1900-1965, 0.02 cf.
- Remembrances of Derby Walker, attending Caesar Rodney School District schools in the 1950s and 1960s, 0.05 cf.
- S.H. Derby | Derby Orchard | The 15 Ton Tomato Club
- Laurel School District School Board Minutes, 1912-1956, 1950-2004, 16.38 cf. | RG 8110-000-002
- Dover Post Photographs, 1991-2003, 20.16 cf. | RG 9210-000-018-001
2018 Accessions | 2017 Accessions | 2016 Accessions | 2015 Accessions | 2014 Accessions | 2013 Accessions | 2012 Accessions