Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Dagsboro"

Dagsboro

SC-60. East of town is site of mansion of John Dagworthy, officer British Army in French and Indian War, Brigadier General of Sussex County Militia in American Revolution. Owned tract 20,000 acres called “Dagworthy’s Conquest.” Dagsboro is birthplace of John M. Clayton, Secretary of State under Presidents Taylor and Fillmore.   Location: Dagsboro Frankford Rd. @ […]

Read More


Dagsboro

SC-21. East of town is site of mansion of John Dagworthy, officer British Army in French and Indian War, Brigadier General of Sussex County Militia in American Revolution. Owned tract 20,000 acres called “Dagworthy’s Conquest.” Dagsboro is birthplace of John M. Clayton, Secretary of State under Presidents Taylor and Fillmore.   Location: US 113 and […]

Read More


Dagsboro

SC-59: originally installed in 2008. East of town is the site of the mansion of John Dagworthy, officer British Army in French and Indian War, Brigadier General of Sussex County Militia in American Revolution. Owned tract 20,000 acres called “Dagworthy’s Conquest.” Dagsboro is the birthplace of John M. Clayton, Secretary of State under Presidents Taylor […]

Read More


Dagsboro

RG# 7040   In the seventeenth century, a village called Blackfoot Town was settled at the headwater of Pepper Creek, a tributary of the Indian River Bay. In 1774, William Penn granted a tract of land which contained this village to General John Dagsworthy and the village was re-named Dagsborough/Dagsboro in his honor.   The […]

Read More


Keeping the Faith

Delaware Public Archives

Read More





+