Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Blades"

Town of Blades

SC-246: originally installed on 3/9/2015. Situated on the banks of the Nanticoke River, the town of Blades was first known as “Bladesville” and named for the Blades family. James Blades, an early railroad pioneer, purchased a tract of land which extended to present day High and Market Streets. A Methodist church and elementary school were […]



Blades

RG#7020   1900 – 1949 Blades was named for James Blades who, in the latter part of the nineteenth century, purchased the land around the current intersection of Market and High Streets just across the Nanticoke River from Seaford. The Town of Blades was incorporated and its boundaries established in 1915. It was not immediately […]






+