BLADES UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Formerly known as Cannon’s Chapel, the first church building was constructed in the early 1870’s on East High Street (then known as Concord Road). The Church was incorporated on July 16, 1877. In 1877, the Trustees of the Church purchased land at the present site on Main Street from the heirs of James M. Blades. A new structure was built and dedicated on January 13, 1889. In honor of Rev. William Benson Gregg, the Church was renamed the Gregg Methodist Episcopal Church. Incorporated again on January 26, 1921, the Church was remodeled, expanded, and renamed Blades Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1972, the name Blades United Methodist Church was adopted.
Enter your address for driving directions to this marker
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Connor Graham at (302) 744-5019 or via email at email@example.com.
LOCATION: Blades - East side Market Street, near intersection with 4th Street.