Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Harrington"

Harrington

KC-48. Formerly known as Clark’s Corner, the roots of this community can be traced to settlement by the Clark family in the 1730’s and the subsequent establishment of an inn, tavern, store, and mill nearby. The village was little more than a country crossroads before the coming to the railroad in 1856. In that same […]



St. Paul UME Church

KC-122: Originally installed 8/5/2017. St. Paul AME was established as a congregation in 1830. Members met in congregants’ houses and public spaces before building a church. Construction of the church began in 1895 on New Street making St. Paul the last of eleven AME churches built in Kent County between 1867 and 1895. The congregation […]



Harrington

KC-49: Originally Installed in 1992.   Formerly known as Clark’s Corner, the roots of this community can be traced to settlement by the Clark family in the 1730s and the subsequent establishment of an inn, tavern, store, and mill nearby. The village was little more than a country crossroads before the coming to the railroad […]



Harrington

RG# 6060    In the 1780s, Benjamin Clark established a tavern where the road from Milford intersected with the road from Frederica. A community grew at this location, called Clarke’s Corner. When the north-south line of the Delaware Railroad was being laid out in 1856, this stagecoach stop became a junction stop on the railroad. […]






+