Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Bethany Beach"

South Bethany

RG #7230   1950 – 1999 In 1952, a tract of 130 acres of marshland located just north of the barrier land separating the Atlantic Ocean from the Little Assawoman Bay was purchased by Richard Hall and his wife for development. They formed the South Bethany Corporation which drained and raised the marshland, established roads, […]



Bethany Beach

RG# 7000   1900 – 1949 Established as a Christian campsite, lots were laid out in the area that would become the Town of Bethany Beach by 1901, but it was not until 1909 that the Town was incorporated. Named in its incorporating Act as “The Commissioners of the Town of Bethany Beach,” seven Commissioners […]






+