Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org More Info
The Rehoboth Beach Public Library was established by the Village Improvement Association (VIA) in 1912 in order to provide free access to books for the community. In its early years the library moved between VIA members’ homes and public spaces. In June 1942 the State Library Commission designated space for the library at City Hall, where it remained for 43 years. VIA members served as librarians until 1968 when the first professional librarian was hired. The library relocated to Rehoboth Avenue in 1985, where it has remained since. The east end addition was completed in 2000.
Location: 226 Rehoboth Ave Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971