Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo

header image

Milford KC29 MarkerTown laid out by Joseph Oliver 1787. Village was located on tract then “Saw-Mill Range.” Named Milford from fording place near mill-dam erected by Rev. Sydenham Thorne across Mispillion Creek, 1787. First incorporated 1807. Old town in Kent County, new town in Sussex County. Home of Governors Tharp, Causey, Burton, and Watson.

KC-29: Replaced in 1966.


Click here to view the photo gallery on Flickr
Click to learn more about Georgetown

Location:

501 North West Front Street, Milford, DE 19963

 


Links to more resources:



Related Topics:  , , , , , , , , , , , ,



+