Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org More Info
SC-14: originally installed in 1967.
Town laid out by Joseph Oliver 1787. Village was located on tract then “Saw-Mill Range.” Names Milford from fording place near mill-dam erected by Rev. Sydenham Thorne across Mispillion Creek, 1787. First incorporated 1807. Old town in Kent County, new town in Sussex County. Home of Governors Tharp Causey, Burton, and Watson.
Location: Instersection of Route 113S and Shawnee Rd. (Rte. 36) Milford, DE 19963