header image

photo of marker


Originally embraced all lands south of Leipsic Creek and north of Little Creek from Delaware River to Maryland line. In 1869 western half was detached and joined to the western half of Duck Creek Hundred to form Kenton Hundred.

Installed in 1932. Refurbished in 1966.


Historic Markers Commission, 1932

Public Archives Commission, 1966

Click here to view the photo gallery on Flickr

Resources Related to Cheswold:

Click to view resources about the town


262 Main Street, Cheswold, DE 19936

Links to more resources: