Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing email@example.com More Info
On January 27, 1873, the “Rehoboth Beach Camp Meeting Association of the Methodist Episcopal Church” was incorporated by the Delaware legislature for the purpose of establishing “a permanent camp meeting ground and Christian sea-side resort.” With the coming of the railroad in 1878, the growth of the community was accelerated. On March 19, 1891, an act was passed incorporating the municipality as Cape Henlopen City. The name was formally changed to Rehoboth in 1893. Since its founding the City of Rehoboth Beach has continued to be one of the most popular resorts on the Atlantic coast, attracting thousands of visitors each year.
Rehoboth Avenue and Boardwalk Rehoboth Beach, DE 19966