NC-41: originally installed in 1932; reinstalled in 2008.
The Americans at Battle of Cooch’s Bridge, September 3, 1777, were stationed along the road between here an Aikentown (Glasgow). They had a post a Cooch’s Mill which stood on the west side of the creek, where severe fighting occurred. Skirmishing began near Aikentown and continued over Iron Hill to Welsh Baptist Meeting House.
Location: Off Dayett Mill Rd. Newark, DE 19702