Erected about 1750, with additions during the Federal period. Land was granted to Cacilus Stevens in 1658. Francis Asbury preached here. William Jessop, and early occupant, was a pioneer Methodist missionary in Canada. From 1833 to 1971 the Sudler family owned the property.
LOCATION: Bridgeville. On US 113A (Main Street), west side of street.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Kevin Barni at (302) 744-5015