SEAFORD HUNDRED SC 6
Town laid out, 1799. Then called "Hooper's Landing." First incorporated 1865. Seaford Academy located here from 1819 until some time before Civil War. Rev. Leonidas Polk, later Episcopal Bishop and Major General in Confederate Army was student at Academy. Home of William H. Ross, thirty-seventh Governor of Delaware.
LOCATION: West of Seaford. Intersection of North Street Extended and Rt. 13A.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Kevin Barni at (302) 744-5015