UNITED METHODIST CHURCH In 1865, Reverend Isaac Adkins of the Methodist Protestant Church began to conduct services in Dorothy School House. The congregation was formally organized the following year. Meetings continued to be held in the school until 1873, when adjoining property was obtained and the present church was constructed. Formally designated as Trinity M. P. Church, it became part of a circuit that once included Shiloh, St. Paul’s, and Providence. The church was extensively rebuilt in 1907. After the closing of the school the congregation continued to use the structure as a Community Hall. Damaged by a major storm in October 1954, the old building was moved to a nearby location and the present hall was constructed in its place. Facilities were further expanded in 1968 with the construction of a new Sunday School addition.
Enter your address for driving directions to this marker
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Kate Fair at (302) 744-5016
LOCATION: Laurel, Phillips Hill Road