GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
In the spring of 1891, Rev. Louis A. Bennett was directed to establish a Methodist Protestant Church in Georgetown. His efforts were successful, and a frame church was completed the following year on the northwest corner of East Market and King Streets. The present site was purchased in 1905, and the church was moved to this location. In 1909 the building was destroyed by fire. The church was replaced it was similarly destroyed in 1927. Construction of the present sanctuary was completed the following year. In 1953, under the leadership of Rev. Thomas C. Mulligan, a large multi-purpose facility was constructed nearby to serve the needs of the congregation and community.
Enter your address for driving directions to this marker
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Sarah Denison at (302) 744-5016
LOCATION: NW corner of East Market and King Street, Georgetown