GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
In 1827 a Methodist Society was formed in this community, then known as Washington. On February 16, 1828, representatives of the congregation purchased a lot of land for the purpose of erecting “a house or place of worship” for its members. The church became known as “Washington Methodist Episcopal Church.” In 1874, the congregation erected a new church on their lot at the northwest corner of Main and Church Streets. This building was sold and moved in 1896. A new building was completed the following year. It was destroyed by fire in 1905. Another church was constructed and dedicated on December 16, 1906. This structure would later serve as Millsboro’s Post Office and Public Library, following the removal of the congregation.
Enter your address for driving directions to this marker
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Kevin Barni at (302) 744-5015
LOCATION: Church and Morris Streets, Millsboro.