CONCORD UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
On August 24, 1804, the trustees of the Concord Methodist Meeting House purchased this site from Robert Boyce and his wife Nancy. Part of a larger tract known as "New Ireland," the land consisted of approximately three-eighths of an acre on which a meeting house had already been erected. In the early 1840's a new structure replaced the original church building. During this same period, it is believed that the cemetery was established. The present building was constructed in 1870. The structure has been remodeled and enlarged several times. The church was formally incorporated on November 22, 1872.
Enter your address for driving directions to this marker
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Kate Fair at (302) 744-5016
LOCATION: Concord - West Side Rt. 20A approximately .20 miles North of intersection of Rt. 20 and Rt. 20A.