GUMBORO UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Gumboro United Methodist Church traces its roots from the post Civil War era when a group of local citizens organized under the name of Union Methodist Episcopal Church. In the early 1870s the Church purchased the structure used by the Gumboro Methodist Protestant Church for $350.00. The members of the M.P. Church subsequently joined this congregation. On March 17, 1881 the Church incorporated as “Union Methodist Episcopal Church of Gumboro Hundred.” A second incorporation took place on June 5, 1890 when the name was changed to “Gumboro M.E. Church.” In 1924 David R. Baker donated the present site where a new church was erected and dedicated the following year.
Enter your address for driving directions to this marker
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Kevin Barni at (302) 744-5015
LOCATION: Gumboro. 1 Block east of Rt. 26 near the intersection of Rt. 413 and Rt. 17.