NORTHWEST FORK HUNDRED SC 51
Known by that since 1682, and originally embraced all territory west of Northwest Fork, a branch of Nanticoke River. Claimed by Maryland until Delaware obtained undisputed title in 1775, upon confirmation of Mason and Dixon Line. Seaford Hundred was detached 1869.
LOCATION: Marker is inactive/removed. Georgetown - Bridgeville Road north side of highway 10.5 miles from Georgetown Square.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Tom Summers at (302) 744-5047