NANTICOKE HUNDRED SC 43
Named after Nanticoke Indian Tribe. This hundred, before 1775, was embraced in two hundreds, Deep Creek and Nanticoke, the latter including grants to land by Province of Maryland. When Mason and Dixon Line between Maryland and Delaware was confirmed, these hundreds were consolidated.
LOCATION: Marker is inactive/removed. Georgetown - Laurel Road at intersection with Concord - Seaford highway south side.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Tom Summers at (302) 744-5047