LEWES AND REHOBOTH HUNDRED SC 30
Known as Rehoboth Hundred from 1698 onward. The name, Lewes, was added later. This hundred with Indian River. Broadkill, and Cedar Creek Hundreds formed what the early settlers called “Old Sussex.” Name, Lewes, comes from borough in Sussex County, England. Rehoboth is a Biblical name meaning spaces or places.
LOCATION: Marker is inactive/removed. Milford - Lewes road, west side of highway south of Red Mill Pond.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Tom Summers at (302) 744-5047