GEORGETOWN HUNDRED SC 16
First created 1833, by Act of General Assembly, which provided that Broadkill Hundred be divided into two hundreds, the eastern to be known as Broadkiln and the western as Georgetown. In 1835 this Act was repealed and Georgetown Hundred disappeared. It was recreated in 1861.
LOCATION: US 113, west side of highway, Ellendale Forest, 8 miles north of Georgetown Square.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Tom Summers at (302) 744-5047