SITE OF FORT CASIMIR
One hundred feet to the east of this point is site of Fort Casimir. Erected by Dutch 1651. Taken by Swedes 1654, called Fort Trefaldigheets or Trinity. Retaken by Dutch under Petrus Stuyvesant in person September 11, 1655.
LOCATION: New Castle – southeast corner Second and Chestnut Streets.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Tom Summers at (302) 744-5047