Original dyke built by Dutch 1655. Center of twelve mile circle marking top of Delaware, surveyed 1701, by Empson and Pusey.
LOCATION: New Castle – Chestnut Street, veer northeast at 3rd Street conjunction.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Tom Summers at (302) 744-5047