SOUTH MURDERKILL HUNDRED KC 16
Formerly part of Murderkill Hundred, originally called Motherkill Hundred, kill meaning creek in Dutch. Original boundaries were St. Jones Creek on North and Murderkill Creek on South, extending from Delaware River to Maryland line. In 1867 Murderkill Hundred was divided into two hundreds named North Murderkill Hundred and South Murderkill Hundred.
LOCATION: Marker is inactive/removed. Route 13 west side 9.3 miles south of Dover.
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part
of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites
across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Tom Summers at (302) 744-5047