Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Little Creek"

Town of Little Creek

KC-126: originally installed on 5/15/2019. The Town of Little Creek developed in the early 1800s as a wharf on the Little River between two neighboring plantations. Originally known as Little Landing, the community began as a trading and shipping hub for salt marsh hay, agricultural products from nearby farms, and seafood. Little Creek formally incorporated in […]



Little Creek

RG #6120   The 1800s The Town of Little Creek, first called Little Landing, was established where the Little River (earlier called Little Creek) met the public road [currently Route 9]. A draw bridge was built spanning the river as early as 1802.1 The Town was at its height in the nineteenth century when a […]






+