Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Historical Markers"

Kenton Hundred

KC-7. Created in 1969 by joining of western halves of Duck Creek and Little Creek Hundreds. Is bounded on north by Blackbird Hundred in New Castle County, and on the east by Duck Creek and Little Creek Hundreds, on south by East Dover and West Dover Hundreds, and on west by Maryland line.   Location: […]



Epworth Cemetery

SC-159. On June 6, 1890, Benjamin Harrison Elliott and his wife, Sarah Ann Hastings Elliott, donated this land and building materials for the construction of Epworth Methodist Episcopal Church. They had previously donated land for the site of Sycamore Public School, which was located directly in front of this cemetery. Prior to the construction of […]



East Dover Hundred

KC-21. Originally part of St. Jones Hundred, renamed Dover Hundred 1823, the boundaries being Little Creek on north and St. Jones on south, extending from Delaware River to Maryland line. Dover Hundred was divided 1877 into two hundreds called East Dover Hundred and West Dover Hundred.   Location: US 113A @ Moores Lake Parking Area Dover, […]



Dover

KC-37. County seat since 1680. William Penn in 1683 ordered Town site laid out and named Dover. Plotted in 1717. Temporary capitol in 1777 and permanent capitol since 1779. Federal Constitution ratified here in 1787, making Delaware first State in Union. State Constitutional Convention held here in 1791-1792, 1831, 1852, and 1897. Location: Between Lynn Haven […]



Dover

KC-36. County seat since 1680. William Penn in 1683 ordered Town site laid out and named Dover. Plotted in 1717. Temporary capitol in 1777 and permanent capitol since 1779. Federal Constitution ratified here in 1787, making Delaware first State in Union. State Constitutional Convention held here in 1791-1792, 1831, 1852, and 1897.   Location: Between Division […]



Dagsboro Hundred

SC-61. Named after General John Dagworthy. Prior to 1775 was claimed by Province of Maryland. In 1873 General Assembly created Gumboro Hundred out of southern parts of Dagsboro Hundred and Broad Creek Hundred.   Location: Main St. near Canal St. Dagsboro, DE 19939  



Dagsboro Hundred

SC-56. Named after General John Dagworthy. Prior to 1775 was claimed by Province of Maryland. In 1873 General Assembly created Gumboro Hundred out of southern parts of Dagsboro Hundred and Broad Creek Hundred. Location: On Rd. 26 in Shaft Ox Corner. Between Rd 26 and Rd 413



Dagsboro Hundred

SC-52. Named after General John Dagworthy. Prior to 1775 was claimed by Province of Maryland. In 1873 General Assembly created Gumboro Hundred out of southern parts of Dagsboro Hundred and Broad Creek Hundred.  



Dagsboro Hundred

SC-22. Named after General John Dagworthy. Prior to 1775 was claimed by Province of Maryland. In 1873 General Assembly created Gumboro Hundred out of southern parts of Dagsboro Hundred and Broad Creek Hundred.   Location: US 113 and Frankford Rd. Frankford, DE 19945



Dagsboro Hundred

SC-20. Named after General John Dagworthy. Prior to 1775 was claimed by Province of Maryland. In 1873 General Assembly created Gumboro Hundred out of southern parts of Dagsboro Hundred and Broad Creek Hundred.   Location: US 113 W. side of hwy 4.4. mi. from Georgetown Dagsboro, DE 19939






+