Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Felton"

Town of Felton

KC-54: originally installed in 1995. The town of Felton was laid out in 1856 when the Delaware Railroad reached this area. Located between Berrytown to the west and Johnny Cake Landing (Frederica) to the east, the town became a “whistle” stop on the new railroad line. Owing to its existence to the railroad, Felton was […]



Felton

RG# 6040   1850 – 1899 In 1856, as the railroad was being pushed south through Delaware, a “whistle stop” was created at the point where the Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad line intersected with the road between Frederica (formerly Johnnycake Landing) and Berrytown (a community located west of Felton). Farmers would bring goods that […]






+