Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing archives@delaware.gov More Info

Delaware.gov logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo



 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Farmington"

Farmington

RG #6035   The 1800s In 1855, Governor William Tharp, a Treasurer of the Delaware Railroad, was instrumental in having a railroad station built near his home to serve the southern Kent County farming community. A town formed here which was initially called Flat Iron, but within ten years, the name was changed to Farmington. […]






+