Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing More Info logo

Delaware Public Archives (DPA) logo

 Posts & Pages Tagged With: "Dagsborough"


RG# 7040   In the seventeenth century, a village called Blackfoot Town was settled at the headwater of Pepper Creek, a tributary of the Indian River Bay. In 1774, William Penn granted a tract of land which contained this village to General John Dagsworthy and the village was re-named Dagsborough/Dagsboro in his honor.   The […]