Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org More Info
Throughout the history of the First State, religion has always played an important role in the lives of many Delawareans. This 1798 document lists names of communicants of Prince George’s Chapel in Dagsboro.
Tradition holds that Prince Georges Chapel was first established in what is now Dagsboro in 1706. The original building being of log and in 1738 replaced by a frame building it was named in the honor of the infant Prince George born the same year. The chapel there now was constructed in 1757 and enlarged in 1780. By 1850, it had become dilapidated and services were discontinued. It reopened in 1893 after undergoing many repairs.
This document is part of a collection that includes church records from a large variety of Delaware churches. Some of the documents are baptismal, birth and death registers, minutes, accounts, parish records, treasurer’s records, day books, proceedings and other church related documents.