Attention: Researchers who wish to perform research on-site may make an appointment by calling (302) 744-5000 or e-mailing email@example.com More Info
KC-126: originally installed on 5/15/2019.
The Town of Little Creek developed in the early 1800s as a wharf on the Little River between two neighboring plantations. Originally known as Little Landing, the community began as a trading and shipping hub for salt marsh hay, agricultural products from nearby farms, and seafood. Little Creek formally incorporated in 1899. As the community grew in size and prominence, it soon hosted a church, post office, general store, blacksmith, and shucking house. Little Creek’s proximity to the Delaware Bay made it the prosperous center of the successful Delaware Bay oyster industry from 1880-1930.
Location: Main Street, approx 300 ft north of Little Creek boat ramp Little Creek, DE 19901